This is truly the “YEAR OF THE NURSE” and a time to celebrate those who have put their lives at risk to care for others. Nominate your favorite nurse for the Nightingale Luminary Awards which will open back up November 2021.
Nominations for the Colorado Nightingale Luminary Awards are administered and managed by the Colorado Nurses Foundation. The Nightingale Awards, given since 1985, are Colorado’s highest nursing honor.
Celebrate Rural Nursing on Sept 23rd from 5-6. Click here for details.
Every year SWCAHEC honors exceptional nurses in the Southwestern Colorado Region for the Rising and Shining STAR Awards. Nurses are nominated by their peers and the community.
STAR Award Nominations currently closed.
Criteria for nominations include:
“SHINING STAR” is a Nurse Who…
• Has worked or is currently working with a valid Colorado RN license
• Has practiced 10 years plus and has demonstrated leadership skills
• Made an impact on the profession / and or on patients
“RISING STAR” is a Nurse Who…
• Is currently working with a valid Colorado RN license
• Has practiced less than 10 years but who shows leadership and growth potential
• Has made an impact on the profession / and or on patients
NOMINATIONS CLOSED NOW
Congratulations to our 2020 Nightingale Luminary and STAR Winners!
Nightingale Luminary Award Winner for the SW Region – Taylor Sifrit
Shining STAR Award Winner – Shannon Wells
Rising STAR Award Winner– Kathryn Beck
The Annual Nightingale Luminary and STAR Awards provides an opportunity to acknowledge the amazing nurses in our region whose hard work continues to improve health through advocacy, innovation, and leadership. We believe this recognition of nurses and the nursing profession is a critical component of attracting and retaining the best nurses in southwest Colorado.
Due the current pandemic, our local Durango Nightingale and STAR award event is TBD. Check back for further details.