Qualified Medication Administration Personnel (QMAP) Training
SWCAHEC is now an approved Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) training site for QMAP. QMAP training allows staff working in healthcare facilities to administer medications.
QMAP’s are approved to work in the following locations:
• Assisted living residences
• Alternative care and adult foster care
• Secure residential treatment facilities
• State certified adult day programs
• Residential childcare facilities
• Facilities that provide treatment for persons with mental illness
• Program approved service agencies (PASA), serving persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities
*If you wish to work in the Department of Corrections or Department of Human Services as a QMAP, they have a separate QMAP program they regulate in their facilities. Please contact them for more information.
2021 Training Schedule TBD. Next classes scheduled for Summer or Fall 2021. Please check back for updates.
Location: In person trainings only.
Cost: $75 (includes $14 state registry fee). See cancellation and refund policy below.
- Must complete online preparatory course, estimated time 3 hours, to be completed prior to live training. This requirement will prepare students with a basic overview of medication administration. You must complete this course and email the completion certificate to the instructor prior to the live training. To access the this REQUIRED online prep course, please visit the CDPHE website below and follow the instructions under Student Resources:
- Must pass a written exam with 90% at the end of the course, estimated time 45 minutes-1 hour
- Must schedule additional 1-hour live ZOOM video conference with instructor to demonstrate hands-on skills practicum
- Must have valid email address and able to communicate and receive course documents via email
You must be 18 years old and provide a valid government issued photo ID. You must also possess basic reading, writing and math skills in order to complete this training. You will also be required to sign a mandatory disclosure statement.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you cancel 1 week prior to the training date, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel within 1 week of the training date, no refund will be issued. We may or may not have a reschedule option available.
If SWCAHEC must cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, we will offer a full refund or reschedule option if available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.