Qualified Medication Administration Personnel (QMAP) Training
SWCAHEC is now an approved Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) training site for QMAP. QMAP training allows staff working in healthcare facilities to administer medications.
QMAP’s are approved to work in the following locations:
• Assisted living residences
• Alternative care and adult foster care
• Secure residential treatment facilities
• State certified adult day programs
• Residential childcare facilities
• Facilities that provide treatment for persons with mental illness
• Program approved service agencies (PASA), serving persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities
*If you wish to work in the Department of Corrections or Department of Human Services as a QMAP, they have a separate QMAP program they regulate in their facilities. Please contact them for more information.
This QMAP training is made possible through:
This course will include a self-paced online preparatory course, 1 group live Zoom video conference, a written exam and an individual live Zoom video conference with the instructor to demonstrate hand-on skills practicum of medication administration. Please note this course will require an estimated 10 hour commitment of your time.
Dates and times: August 21st 2020, 2:00-5:00pm AND 1 hour between August 24-26, 2020 to schedule individual practicum test
Location: Online via live ZOOM video conferencing (must have audio and video capabilities and reliable internet connection). Link to be provided once registered.
Cost: FREE (only $14 administration fee)
Register here: https://formstack.io/DC70A
You must register and receive a confirmation of enrollment before payment. The registration page will redirect you back to this page for payment.
- Must complete online preparatory course, estimated time 3 hours, to be completed prior to live training. This requirement will prepare students with a basic overview of medication administration. You must complete this course and email the completion certificate to the instructor prior to the live training. To access the this REQUIRED online prep course, please visit the CDPHE website below and follow the instructions under Student Resources:
- Must pass a written exam with 90% at the end of the course, estimated time 45 minutes-1 hour
- Must schedule additional 1-hour live ZOOM video conference with instructor to demonstrate hands-on skills practicum
- Must have valid email address and able to communicate and receive course documents via email
You must be 18 years old and provide a valid government issued photo ID. You must also possess basic reading, writing and math skills in order to complete this training. You will also be required to sign a mandatory disclosure statement.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.