NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Are you in a healthcare professions training program? Do you want to boost your chances of getting a job after graduation?
This statewide program will focus on interdisciplinary practice and education (IPE) and will bring a cohort of students together to learn with and from each other.
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Expert mentorship and training opportunities by AHEC staff
- Acknowledgment as an AHEC Scholar in graduation program
- Important CV or resume item with appropriate certificate and letter of recognition
- The possibility to participate in national meetings
- The likelihood to form a group of state-wide future healthcare leaders
- The opportunity to be part of the nationwide AHEC Scholars Program
- Upon completion of the program, Scholars may request letters of recommendation for jobs and/or graduate school
- And more!
40 hours per year of education (combination of online and virtual or in-person learning) related to the six core topic areas (below); use of the cohort model to encourage mentoring, learning and leadership; and 40 hours per year of team-based service learning.
Click here to download information about AHEC Scholars Topic Areas.
Six Core Topic Areas:
1. Interprofessional Education
2. Behavioral Health Integration
3. Social Determinants of Health
4. Cultural Competency
5. Practice Transformation
6. Current/Emerging Issues (such as the opioid crisis and suicide prevention)
Students should have a current interest in rural or under-served healthcare and be currently enrolled in a health professions degree or certificate program and be two years from program or degree completion. This includes but is not limited to students in medical, dental, pharmacy, nurse practitioner, nursing, physician assistant, social work, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and public/population health programs.
Apply and sign up for the nationally recognized AHEC Scholars Program!
Contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!