NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!!
Are you in your last two years of your nursing, public health, or Master’s of Social Work program? Do you want to boost your chances of getting a job after graduation? Apply for the nationally recognized AHEC Scholars Program! The first year of the program will kick off in September 2018. This statewide program will focus on interdisciplinary practice and education (IPE) and will bring a cohort of students together to learn with and from each other. Some of the benefits will include:
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Expert mentorship and training opportunities by AHEC staff
- Acknowledgment as an AHEC Scholar in graduation program
- Important CV or resume item with appropriate certificate and letter of recognition
- The possibility to participate in national meetings
- The likelihood to form a group of state-wide future healthcare leaders
- The opportunity to be part of the nationwide AHEC Scholars Program
- Upon completion of the program, Scholars may request letters of recommendation for jobs and/or graduate school
- And more!
Modalities will include a hybrid delivery of 40 hours per year of education (combination of online and virtual or in-person learning) related to the six core topic areas (below); use of the cohort model to encourage mentoring, learning and leadership; and 40 hours per year of team-based service learning. Click on this link for more information: AHEC Scholars info packet 3.0 The registration link is HERE.
Six Core Topic Areas:
1. Interprofessional Education
2. Behavioral Health Integration
3. Social Determinants of Health
4. Cultural Competency
5. Practice Transformation,
6. Current/Emerging Issues (such as the opioid crisis and suicide prevention)
Contact Ke Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!