Sign up for the FREE SWCAHEC Health Careers Institute – June 7-10th, 2022
10th, 11th, and 12th grade students from any of the eight Colorado counties: Archuleta, Dolores, Hinsdale, La Plata, Montezuma, Ouray, San Juan & San Miguel, and the Four Corners Region are invited to apply for the summer SWCAHEC Health Careers Institute.
• Participate in activities that will give you the skills and knowledge to begin your healthcare career journey including Anatomy in Clay® classes, health-related simulations, trainings and lab experiences
• Receive mentoring from area healthcare professionals through mentor interviews and provider-led presentations and activities
• Explore health research and education through demonstrations by Fort Lewis College faculty
• Discover the pathways necessary for a career in healthcare and develop a pre-career education and training plan
• Learn about the latest information in disease prevention, mental and physical wellness, and healthy lifestyles
The SWCAHEC Health Careers Institute is a FREE opportunity to learn about exciting career prospects in healthcare, to set goals for your potential career in this field, and to create a plan for the necessary education and experiences to achieve those goals.
How do I apply?
Please note: We will follow pandemic precautions and students need to be vaccinated and boosted to participate.
SWCAHEC staff will review your registration in the order it is received and follow-up with the necessary documentation to complete registration.
Registration is not complete until all materials are received.
Admission into the SWCAHEC Health Careers Institute is rolling and space is limited.
Registrations will not be accepted once the Institute is full. Register by April 30, 2022.
For Student Mentors, Apply Here