Are you interested in pursuing a healthcare career?
Thank you to everyone who participated and sponsored our
2021 Healthcare Careers Institute! It was a great success!
If you are a 10th, 11th, and 12th grade student from one of the eight Colorado counties: Archuleta, Dolores, Hinsdale, La Plata, Montezuma, Ouray, San Juan & San Miguel, you are are invited to apply for the SWCAHEC Health Careers Institute.
At the Health Careers Institute you will
• Participate in activities that will give you the skills and knowledge to begin your healthcare career journey including Anatomy in Clay® classes, health-related simulations, trainings and lab experiences
• Receive mentoring from area healthcare professionals through mentor interviews and provider-led presentations and activities
• Explore health research and education through demonstrations by Fort Lewis College science faculty
• Discover the pathways necessary for a career in healthcare and develop a pre-career education and training plan
• Learn about the latest information in disease prevention, mental and physical wellness, and healthy lifestyles
The SWCAHEC Health Careers Institute is an opportunity to learn about exciting career prospects in healthcare, to set goals for your potential career in this field, and to create a plan for the necessary education and experiences to achieve those goals.
How do I apply?
At this year’s event, we will be following pandemic precautions and the event will be smaller so space is limited.
SWCAHEC staff will review your registration and follow-up with the necessary documentation to complete registration. Registration is not complete until all materials are received.
Each year, we rely on community members and practicing healthcare professionals to assist with curriculum and
activities that inspire our students. Volunteers are needed: Tuesday, August 3rd – 8:00-2:00pm – Hands-On Stations & Mentor Interviews (Lunch is included)
To Volunteer, click here