Thank you to everyone who participated and sponsored our
2021 Healthcare Careers Institute! It was a great success!
To View the 2021 Health Careers Institute Report, Click Here.
Save the Date for the 2022 Health Careers Institute
June 7-10th, 2022
About the Health Careers Institute
10th, 11th, and 12th grade students from any of the eight Colorado counties: Archuleta, Dolores, Hinsdale, La Plata, Montezuma, Ouray, San Juan & San Miguel, are invited to apply for the summer SWCAHEC Health Careers Institute.
• Participate in activities that will give you the skills and knowledge to begin your healthcare career journey including Anatomy in Clay® classes, health-related simulations, trainings and lab experiences
• Receive mentoring from area healthcare professionals through mentor interviews and provider-led presentations and activities
• Explore health research and education through demonstrations by Fort Lewis College science faculty
• Discover the pathways necessary for a career in healthcare and develop a pre-career education and training plan
• Learn about the latest information in disease prevention, mental and physical wellness, and healthy lifestyles
The SWCAHEC Health Careers Institute is an opportunity to learn about exciting career prospects in healthcare, to set goals for your potential career in this field, and to create a plan for the necessary education and experiences to achieve those goals.
How do I apply?
Applications will open in the Spring of 2022. We will be following pandemic precautions and the event will be smaller
so space is limited. Please note that students will need to be vaccinated and boosted this year in order to participate.
SWCAHEC staff will review your registration and follow-up with the necessary documentation to complete registration.
Registration is not complete until all materials are received.
Each year, we rely on community members and practicing healthcare professionals to assist with curriculum and
activities that inspire our students. Volunteers are needed for the Hands-On Stations & Mentor Interviews (Lunch is included)